Acne (acne or acne vulgaris) is a skin disease associated with increased functioning of the sebaceous glands. It occurs mainly at a young age, more often in adolescents who go through puberty. However, in some cases, acne can also occur at a later age.
What are the symptoms of acne?
Most often, acne affects the skin of the face, so the rash can be noticed on its own. The clinical picture of the disease includes the following manifestations:
- small red rashes that rise above the skin (can also be on the back, chest and shoulders, often acne has purulent contents)
- dark brown pigmentation, and in severe cases, scars on the skin;
- profuse secretion of sebum (oily sheen on the face);
- oily scalp.
If nothing is done, then acne spreads, and the rash becomes more, which can lead to the development of a severe form of the disease.
What causes acne breakouts?
The causes of acne depend on many factors. The most common among them are the following:
- violation of fat metabolism;
- increased activity of the sebaceous glands with the subsequent addition of bacterial flora;
- hormonal changes;
- hereditary factor;
- hyperkeratosis of the skin;
- diseases of the digestive tract;
- poor skin hygiene;
- elimination of skin rashes by squeezing them out.
What are the complications of acne?
There are two types of complications:
- severe acne: at least 20 rashes form on the skin, including closed and open comedones; there is a noticeable unevenness of the skin.
- a very severe form of acne: there are a lot of rashes (more than 40), with both nodular formations and papules present.
Complicated forms of acne require immediate serious treatment. As a rule, antibiotics are used for this.
When should you see a specialist?
At any stage of the disease, you can visit a dermatologist who will recommend a treatment regimen. In severe forms of acne, therapy should be carried out as quickly as possible so that no scars remain on the skin.
In order for the treatment to give results, you need to find the cause of the appearance of acne. If a patient requires antibiotic therapy, the doctor will write a prescription that can be purchased from a pharmacy or ordered online.
What treatment is prescribed for acne?
Acne treatment is complex and is aimed at both eliminating existing rashes and preventing the formation of new acne. An important part of treatment is skin care formulations, which include cleansers and products to remove excess sebum.
Subcutaneous rashes are eliminated with the help of special preparations. Also, the patient is prescribed drugs to reduce the production of sebum. It can be hormonal drugs, as well as drugs based on retinoids.
To relieve severe inflammation, antibacterial agents for acne are prescribed internally and externally.
What antibiotics are recommended for acne?
The most effective are tetracycline antibiotics, in particular the drug Tetracycline. It inhibits the production of sebum, reduces inflammation and destroys disease-causing bacteria. When taken regularly, according to the scheme indicated by the doctor, there is a significant reduction in rashes.
Can Tetracycline be used as a teenager?
Tetracycline can be taken by people over the age of 8, so the antibiotic is suitable for the treatment of acne in adolescents.
What side effects can Tetracycline cause?
Like all medicines, Tetracycline can cause unwanted side effects when taken. Among the most common are the following:
- disorders of the gastrointestinal tract;
- decreased appetite;
- increased levels of liver enzymes;
- increased intracranial pressure;
- decrease in the quantitative composition of blood;
- increased serum creatinine levels;
- the development of infection (bacterial or fungal);
- discoloration of tooth enamel in children.
Side effects do not always occur and may vary in severity. In severe conditions, the advisability of further treatment should be discussed with a doctor.
What are the possible contraindications for taking Tetracycline?
Among the contraindications for taking Tetracycline are the following:
- individual intolerance to tetracycline antibiotics, as well as any of the components of the Tetracycline preparation;
- second and third trimesters of pregnancy;
- lactation period;
- reduced number of leukocytes in the blood.
Can Tetracycline be bought without a prescription?
Tetracycline is a prescription drug and you cannot buy it over the counter without a prescription. However, in our online shop you can order the generic Tetracycline without a prescription. This is a quality analogue of the original drug, which not only has high efficiency, but also low cost.
Before ordering the generic Tetracycline, you need to get a prescription from your doctor.
What preventive measures should be taken to reduce the risk of recurrent rashes?
There are a number of rules to follow to prevent acne. It:
- do not touch your face with your hands during the day;
- do not squeeze out the rash, especially purulent;
- regularly monitor your health, especially in the presence of metabolic diseases or digestive tract;
- eat in a balanced way, without overusing fatty, spicy, smoked and fried foods;
- maintain a drinking regime.
With the observance of preventive measures, as well as with correctly selected therapy, you can completely get rid of acne.