Neuralgia is considered one of the most common diseases; This condition often develops in the reactivation of the herpes virus that causes chickenpox. After the initial infection, the virus is dormant. Why did he wakes up after a while, is not fully known, but observations suggest that the reason may be:
– Reduction of the immune response to various diseases;
– Surgeries of organ transplants;
– Medications which have immunosuppressive effects.
Due to the re-activation of the virus develop shingles and postherpetic neuralgia – is its complication. It is characterized by a pronounced pain syndrome, which occurs due to violation of transmitting electrical impulses from the receptors to the brain.
What are the features of the development against the backdrop of neuralgia shingles?
Activation of varicella-zoster virus can cause peripheral nerve diffuse nature. In some cases, the target may become zad¬nego root ganglion and spinal cord. Pain in etiiih cases can stay with the patient even after the symptoms are manifestations of the virus will be. At the same time a person experiences a different range of pain: burning surface combined with aching and itching. And depending on the time of day, the feeling can become both weak and considerably strengthened. Often may develop conditions such as:
– Allodynia: pain on the most common stimuli that were previously not perceived by man as a painful manipulation;
– Hyperpathia: violation of the sensitivity, which manifests itself in an incorrect assessment of strength of the stimulus to the inability to say exactly where legalized sensations.
How to treat neuralgia after herpes infection?
Often, to reduce the pain medication prescribed Neurontin, which has anticonvulsant effect and is actively used in epilepsy treatment. But there was also proven efficacy in neuropathic pain, which is characterized by neuralgia due to herpes zoster.
How to take Neurontin (Gabapentin)?
Before those ordering medication online, or buy it at the pharmacy, it is necessary to consult with your doctor about the advisability of its reception.